Codex E-Learning Course
The course explains the organization, management and procedures of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) and its subsidiary bodies. The scientific basis for Codex standards provided by the FAO/WHO program on the provision of scientific advice is described. The course also provides guidance on developing national Codex structures and activities in order to enhance effectiveness of all Codex members.
- The course consists of 13 lessons, of approximately 30 to 50 minutes duration each, for a total of about 10 hours of self-paced instruction.
- Each lesson achieves a specific set of learning objectives, using interactive step-by-step instructions and exercises which help reinforce what is being explained.
- Learners can consult a technical glossary of Codex definitions and search within the course materials for specific terms. A series of documents relevant to the Codex Alimentarius Commission are also provided.
The target audience for this course includes:
- National Codex Contact Points
- Government Officials
- Representatives of food industry, consumer groups
- Codex Observer organizations
- Beneficiaries of the FAO/WHO Trust Fund for Participation in Codex
Self-paced asynchronous e-learning is used as the mode of delivery for the course. This provides an interactive learning experience that actively engages learners through dynamic screens, interactive tests, exercises with reinforcement feedback and illustrative case studies. Asynchronous e-learning offers users the option of taking a course or a specific lesson whenever needed.
For more information please check the Codex E-Learning Course website.